Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 8 Lugar do Cordo to Ponte de Lima





Stayed at Casa Fernanda near Lugar do Condo last night. Wonderful couple and place, lovely dinner and conversation. Also have a german Peregrina staying and walking with us today. Found some antibiotics in my first aid kit, they have helped heaps, also bludged some antiseptic spray, so feet are feeling better. Now about half way between the two place titled above. Yesterday we did nearly 20 kms opting out of the easier 9 km, as it would have made today 24kms instead of 15 kms. It is has been raining all this morning´s walk but I am feeling much uplifted, now I just need to solve the mobile problem as it is not charging now.
Later that day: Reached Ponte de Lima in pouring rain. A gorgeous town, working itself up for a weekend festival. Lovely old bridge. Now waiting for the alburgue to open at 1700. Have got new mobile charger so one less worry.
Did I say I am worn out. Big climb and 18 km stage tomorrow, but we will manage.
I see we have a lady Prime Minister.
Ate logo

4 comments:

Kerr Family said...

Sounds like the spirits are lifting, hang in there mate. May be it is the phone that needs a rest.

Luiza said...

I am so happy you stayed with Fernanda and her family. Everything you ate is grown in the family vegetable garden. Fernanda cures her own olives, makes her own wine and more. I would not eat olives until I ate Fernanda's. Fernanda's is a family experience where you leave feeling you have just visited a loved family member, or at least I did. :)

Buen camino fellas

Chris said...

A "lady" Prime Minister? We shall see how long she holds it together, not because she is female, but I think her support is a little fragile. Any bets?

How about we through some money together and shout Ashley to a Pedicure?

Luiza said...

January 5, 2012 - I have a major Download going on so I have been surfing through your Blog. It is wonderful to visit it again. My heart aches for a fellow blister sufferer. I hope that by "walking-in" my boots since October they will be ready for this coming May.

It was wonderful seeing Fernanda's husband and daughter in the photo today and actually, to see all the photos because they weren't posted last time I was here. Seeing both you and Steve is wonderful for me.

Great job Ashley.