Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 16 Done that, got the T-shirt


Wednesday afternoon at 1400, the quartet hit Santiago. Objective reached. For the most part a good day´s walk, though the last hour was confusing and jumbled. By 1700, many beers, a Cuban cigar and several toilet stops, Ashley had stopped moving and the world was circling and leaning and quite uncertain. We had run in to the Canary Island guys! Africa!! Have not been into the cathedral, the lines are huge, and circling that are the bar bandits. Compostelas have been issued and the world is good. Today we have taken the bus to Fistera (Finisterra - the end of the earth) and are staying at a nice pension, as long as I can keep Steve from snoring. We are nicely fead and relaxed. Have called home and miss my family so much. I want to go home NOW!
But sadly that will be next week.
Thankyou for following my journey, dedicated to my father and the dreams of all my children. And thanks to Sigi, Miss Ohio and that Englishman for the companionship along the way. You are special.
But most special of all thanks Cristina, for helping another dream come true. I love you.
To all,
Adeus
Ashley

2 comments:

Luiza said...

The best time for the Cathedral is 3:00PM .... a very small line then, I observed this to be true over four days.

Your Canary Islands guys ... was one of them Fernando Lopez Gonzalez? I know there is more than two guys living on the Canarys but Fernando was hoping to walk again in 2010. I met him on VdlP last year.

JIJOONG said...

Well done.
Hope you will fly back safely and receive a heart warming welcome from your family.

Sincere congrat from Jijoong