Saturday, June 2, 2007

Day 26 Still at Ponferrada


Today is a tough day emotionally.
I have to spend at least a day to give my tendonitis a chance to get better.
It was really difficult hearing the rhythm of the day opening. The first rustles, the toilets flushing, the bags being packed, the doors banging as people get ready and head off for the day´s journey, as I sit there with an ice pack on the shin.
I have arranged to catch up with Steve probably at the top of O´Cebreiro on Monday night. I am probably going to bus 1 and half legs to the base of O´Cebreiro Sunday, and it feels a real sell out. Along the way people takes buses for various sections, often for ugly city entries or exits, and I have resisted, but now schedule and fitness require a compromise. It does not sit well, and requires common sense to overrule emotion, and analysis of what I am trying to achieve. This has been my biggest challenge.


Out

4 comments:

mummytina said...

Challenges are just there to help us look at situations and the world in different ways. You just have to take a different approach to how you are to tackle the next part of your journey and it is wrong to view it as a failure in any way. Your still have some time so dont panic, different doors and different people will be there to greet you and help. Allow yourself to accept this and you will more than conquere this challenge. Know that I believe in you so believe in yourself. We love you and we know you will succeed.

Jason said...

I'm tempted to quote Roy and HG and suggest that you've "spent some serious time in the room full of mirrors". But, more seriously, only you can determine the right path. What your purpose is? What you aims are? So, don't miss the forest for the trees.

Is that enough meaningless platitudes.. :-)

Keep well

Vince said...

You have done well to get a far as you have both mentally and physically. Don't consider that you have failed because you may need to take a bus - there aren't too many that would have acheived as much as you have. Look at it as a spiritual journey rather than a long walk, and I'm sure you will have something to take home with you to remember forever.

Enough of the gush. (I'm starting to sound like Jason)
Hi Jason :)

JIJOONG said...

Ashely,
I am with Jason and Vince. It is not a journey of torture. You know what you have gained so far. Hope you are NOT pressured to push on because of us wathing you. We are all here to be part of your great journey and to support you. You've earned enough respect already... just keep your spirit high and give some time for your shin to heal.

You better come back in one piece ^^. My prayer for your quick recovery.
JJ