Friday, June 1, 2007

Day 25 El Acebo to Ponferrada


Updated. A tough climb down the mountains. Glorious scenery on a cool but fine day. My shin gave me heaps of trouble, hence a short day today, and probably tomorrow. Will try to manage O´Cebreiro in the early part of day, hence the staggering of destinations. This is a very pretty town, and will check out the Knights Templar contribution this arvo.
The photo above is of the Iron Cross from yesterday, it is difficult for me to edit the entry, so the problem is yours the reader.
Postscript.: I will be in Ponferrada for 2 days. Went to the hospital today, and I have tendonitis. I suspect it was the descent from the mountains that really tipped it. I had been trying to manage it by stretches and shorter stages, With rest, ice & drugs this should clear. Not sure if I am going to bus a stage (grrr), to give myself some margin for a reoccurence. Not happy, especially given the next 2 stages are 30 kms with the 2nd up the mountain.

2 comments:

mummytina said...

Take it easy my love and you will get there. We hope that your shin feels much better soon, do your stretches and warm up and good luck. We are all missing you but we are still getting much joy in sharing your journey. All our love Cristina, Callum and Riley. And, as Callum says ... so how you going today Dad, hope your doing good.

Jason said...

I had a look back at your google maps for the journey. You predicted this was a tough part of the walk. Keep well.

I will enjoy discussing the Knights of Templar stuff when we next meet.