Friday, May 25, 2007

Day 18 Sahagun to El Burgo Ranero


I stayed at the municipal alberque last night. It is an old converted church. They have created a second floor within the church and that is the albegue, the lower floor is areception and theatre. Cold shower again, warmed up later I am told, but sure is a good way to save water. Started out looking like rain. It bucketed overnight. But no, has stayed fine for today´s walk. A little shorter today, as the next leg is 13km, if we pressed on. El Burgo Ranero is a nice little village, with a good internet setup...yes! Staying at a private albergue that has twin rooms, peace from snoring. A lazy afternoon to come, just need to wash and dry clothes. Drying clothes is a real problem, given the rain, and the high humidity. My pack was heavy today with wet socks, jocks and t-shirt. Boots may need repair in Leon, as stitching is failing in places, and the last thing I want is new boots. Tough walking early, but after the tyres warmed up I put in some good laptimes for a strong finish. Hope to extend the distances again soon. About a day behind my original schedule at the moment, but I have about 5-6 days slack, and I plan on using 2-3 of that.
http://www.santiago-compostela.net/cf17en.html


Again, thanks for the comments. I would reply individually to many, if I knew how.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Is true what they say "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain". The lightning too!
Slow down, I can't keep up.
Just think of the rest of us driving in the bloody traffic to work each day. It might help dull the aches and pains.
Chris

mummytina said...

we like the donkey but we love you from Callum and Riley