Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 16 Villacazar de Sirga to Caldadilla de la Cueza

Details to be updated . Slow net connection here.
A tiring, long and wet slog today. As Cristina said when I phoned home, look inward.
Had a great conversation over dinner last night, some of which I understood, with an old frenchman who had lived in Australia in the 60´s and the early 90´s.
We have been trying to end our day´s journey away from the major stopping points due to overcrowding. Rate of advance has been good, but today was just a grind in the rain. Senda, then asphalt then the old roman road, with lots of ankle workout. Tough stuff for the feet, especially sliding in the wet.
The hospitalero at the albergue here is great, taking people´s wet gear, boots, hiking poles and hats as they arrived. Just had a hot soup and a cerverza at the bar, where I am updating this blog. Quiet arvo coming up. I feel a siesta coming on.

4 comments:

Shane "Elliott" said...

I'm impressed.... you really are sticking at it, can only assume those 2 walks up Anstey Hill with me - you know, the ones that pushed your fitness to new limits -is making a huge difference.

Sounds like a great adventure and will read your log entries carefully now that I've reminded myself to keep up with the journey. Am I to assume you are not taking my Monte Carlo option?

Keep it up, sent you a text but not sure it got through to you.

Jen said...

I have just managed to work out how to "blog on" again.
Your daily entries are great to read - printed them out for Mum the other day and she enjoyed reading your progress too.
The experience sounds tiring but incredible.
Tired of walking? You know the next line ...

mummytina said...

Hey dad, fill your boots mun! I'm just about to read some of your blog. I got my promotion at work today, I'm now a retail manager and work have also enrolled me in a course (certificate 4 in business) which is a 24 month course. Hope your doing okay and enjoying yourself. kangaroos beat carlton last week (luck) I'm glad you weren't here for that reason I probably would have had a bet with you. I'll leave it at that and hope your enjoing your adventure. seeya and missya, Braden

Vince said...

I think you're doing a great job!! You've gone so far!! It must be really cool seeing all the sights!

Kate!