Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday evening Padron




Now about 22 kms from Santiago. We hope to get there late tomorrow afternoon all being well. It is low 30´s C. Need to get away early before sunup to maximise the cool walking. Had a few issues (operation related) but trucking along OK. Padron is gorgeous, just climbed the 142 steps of something. Had a wonderful spanish man show me across town to this internet kiosk. Last couple of days have been good, lovely canopy covered walks for the most part. I can see the radio masts of Monte de Gozo overlooking SdeC. Stayed at Monte de Gozo 3 years ago. We will come in from the other side of town. Hoping to take a bus to Finisterre on Thursday and watch the sunset and burn some clothing. I hope my next post announces objective reached.
Ate logo

5 comments:

Chris said...

All the best for tomorrow. Have a drink for your feet, I'm sure they will be as relieved as you will be.
A true challenge to mind, body and spirit. Well done.

Unknown said...

Hola!

I have finally managed to get an internet connection. Our thoughts are with you especially that we will be close to you in Spain tomorrow. Take it easy

Adios Amigo!

JIJOONG said...

Well done Ashley!!

How are you Vince!! Good to hear you.

I am sitting like a budda in a little hidey hole most of the day...and my whole body parts are sagging. It is time to go back to the cell.....

Can't wait for my holiday~

Kerr Family said...

Congratulations, the spirit will win again, hang in there mate, Haven't followed as closely as I would have liked. Look forward to seeing the pictures. I believe there is another nintendo weekend coming up.

Luiza said...

I followed you closely along the way and felt your blister pain when you wrote about it. I am proud that you were able to walk through the pain and enjoy the journey with your buddy Steve.

I never doubted that you would enjoy the uphills, downhills, the beautiful villages in both countries, and the magical scenery along the coast (the rias) oh, and even the horrible industrial section takes you to a nice village.

Congratulations on reaching Santiago de Compostela and arriving from another direction, a strange feeling isn't it?

I am so so happy for you both.

Enjoy the seafood in Finisterre.

Luiza