Friday, March 18, 2016

Fatima!

That was an unusual day. Climbed two mountains. Spent the first part of the morning playing leapfrog with the Dutch lady, as we alternately sped or were passed. Mountain 1 was massive, glad for the training I did with Chris before I left home. Climbing the second mountain I came across the Dutch lady broken down on the narrow trail, with a blown knee. She was pretty upset. Miles from any help. Long story short, I accompanied her in from there carrying her pack too, with her using my poles. 17 kms of 2 packs. Took it slow and steady. Steve had already caught a lift to Fatima as he was poorly. We arrived mid-afternoon. Strangely felt quite flat when I got here, and unsurprisingly very tired. Big worshipping area and lots of people. At night almost abandoned.








No comments: