Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Final Preparations.

I looked back to my blog of 2007, and the Camino Frances. The feelings are so similar. The same self doubts and worries, and the wondering, but in reality I think it is all set.
Walked Sunday and Monday, but both short. Sunday was special, as before, a walk with the boys. This time up past the Newmans Nursery ruins. We had quite a chat and saw 15 (I counted 8) roos. The boys counted them up as well as down. The boys are feeling the coming seperation, with many requests for 'lie-down hugs'. I look forward to the time we travel on the Camino together.
We have just been for a blessing of my journey with Father George. Exactly as before, except
with Father Pat then. We had a great chat about the meaning of it all. It sets the scene and the mood.
The weather here is 11C, and in Coimbra today 31C. I think a shock is in store.
I arrive Lisboa on Sunday morning, train to Coimbra on Monday and meet Steve, and then Tuesday we head North.

2 comments:

Luiza said...

Your walk has the look of the camino in Galicia oh, and also Camino Portugués. I remember seeing Waratah (Bottlebrush) in Portugal.

Maybe next time the boys can go with their Dad.

Chris said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Live the experience.