Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Camino Portugues Sept 2010

The walk continues with a return to Santiago, starting this time in Coimbra, Portugal. I hope to update the blog as I go, as I was so encouraged by the interest and comments last time.

This Camino is about half the distance 370kms, and is the 2nd most popular after the Camino Frances (CF) I walked last time. If you look to the right you will see links to 2007, and can re-read that journey.

A google map of the planned route this time is
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=109213013186577631029.00048d763502643f50f67&z=8

I start from Coimbra on August 31 with my mate Steve, who I met on the CF. I am nowhere as well prepared mentally or physically this time around, but I hope with encouragement to make it.

This year is special, a Holy year of Saint James (when July 25 is on a Sunday). The number of pilgrims are boosted by this, as it is the last Holy year until 2021.

3 comments:

Jason said...

good luck

Luiza said...

I will be following my two buddies from 2007 with great interest.

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Buen Camino Ashley and Steve

Kerr Family said...

Good luck mate take it easy.